The Celestine Prophecy: bare essentials
SUBJECT: Phenomenological Study
L. Kurt Engelhart
Strategy for Use:
Take what you can use and hold the rest for further consideration.
Redfield, James. The Celestine Prophecy. Warner Books, Inc.,
"Many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase." - Daniel
And now, for something entirely different:
What does this book tell us that is confirmed by other more conventional
Ego/time sphere is expanding.
Evolved perception stimulates a mass cultural transformation.
Widespread historical knowledge changes humanity's self image.
Evolved understanding focuses on the universal nature of power and being.
Human struggle for power is explained and discounted.
Expanded awareness points to non-human, spiritual sources of power.
Evolving requires transcending habitual exploitative power practices.
New practices connect humanity individually to a universal power source.
New practices focus on synergistic rather than exploitative combinations of
The new world view will fundamentally change human society.
I. First Insight - A Critical Mass.
A. Surfaces unconsciously as profound sense of restlessness.
1. Characterized by the "me-first" attitude. B. Searching for the object of the search.
relationships between people impossible.
a. Partners are each overly demanding. 3. Difficult to
commit to others.
b. Ego battles develop
c. Degenerates into power struggle.
1. Preservation of life and land. C. Become conscious of recurring important coincidences.
2. Threatened by civilization.
1. Intuition followed by relevant opportunity. D. Perceptions are the basis for cultural transformation.
2. Unexplainable by
3. Explained by unknown force.
4. Generates mystery and
1. Historically caused by philosophy or religion.
2. Numbers in
population now reaching critical mass.
3. The new spirituality is
threatening to authorities.
a. Challenges completeness of religion. 4. Skeptics and cynics deny humans can change.
b. Denies hegemony of
rule of law.
Evidenced by common experiences.
II. Second Insight - The Longer Now.
A. Historical perspective enhances perception.
1. Does not fit common sense. B. Each period had its world view.
2. New background for awareness
a. Technological accomplishments.
b. Great men as heros.
1. Understanding them explains our own.
a. Makes spiritual awareness real. 2. Reveals a divergent
a. Middle Ages.
(1) Reality defined by church. b. Modern Age.
(2) Spirituality at center of
(a) Choice determines salvation.
Individual can not determine status.
i) Force of God.
ii) Temptations of the Devil.
(a) Church interprets. (4) Spiritual world deteriorates.
(b) Church prescribes.
(a) Church improprieties. (5) Mankind no longer
center of universe.
(b) Lose connection with God.
(c) People have to define realities.
(1) Democratic spirit. c. Preoccupation was
necessary stage of evolution.
(2) Distrust of authority.
Science asked to determine secure reality.
(a) Create safe/managable world. (4) Did
not miss the loss of meaning in life.
(b) Focus on concrete
i) Scientific skepticism.
(c) We did not know they could not.
a) Separate fact/superstition.
b) Demand solid evidence.
c) Determine natural law.
d) Cause/effect reality.
i) Nothing uncertain or esoteric. (d) Became preoccupied with science.
i) Standard of living. (e) Spiritual security
i) Secular security.
ii) Economic security.
(1) Become aware meaning is important. d. Need to construct a
new world view.
(2) Need to address the
(a) The spiritual element.
(b) Ultimate source of security.
(c) Connect with universal forces.
(1) Sequential step-by-step construction.
discover the steps.
(3) Communicated to the society.
III. Third Insight - A Matter of Energy.
A. Transformed understanding of the physical universe.
1. Einstein - matter is space with patterns of energy. B. Perception of energy is related to beauty.
physics - our expectations affect reality.
3. Human energy affects
other energy systems.
1. Need to transcend old perceptions. C. Expectations
create the things that happen to us.
2. Physical universe
consists of pure energy.
3. Energy is transmitted between individuals.
4. Defeating an opponent is capturing their energy.
1. Control is impossible.
2. Look for general tendencies.
This is not perceived as legitimate science.
4. Knowledge grows by
sharing important information.
IV. Fourth Insight - The Struggle for Power.
A. Universe is composed of a single source of energy.
1. Sustains us. B. Humans
disconnected from the larger source.
2. Responds to our expectations.
1. Seek to increase personal share of energy.
Unconscious competition underlies all conflict.
a. Steal it from others.
b. Humans compete for energy.
1. Success requires manipulative posture.
understanding constitutes a new world view.
a. Seize control and dominate.
2. Urge to control causes
(1) Pretend friendship. b. Access to the other's energy.
(2) Identify error in behavior.
(3) Undermine confidence.
(4) Cause feelings of inferiority.
a. No choice but to lash out.
gives psychological boost.
(1) Need for energy is irrational. b. Protect your own energy.
(2) Conflict can not be
resolved by reason.
a. Gaining energy motivates us.
(1) Unconscious. b.
Violence passed from generation to generation.
(2) Do what makes you feel strongest.
1. Vast competition for energy and power.
a. Humans link up energy. 2. Idea emerging in public
b. Fight over who is going to control
c. Loser pays the price.
3. Reevaluating our motivations.
4. Seeking a new
way to interact.
a. Immediately transcends the conflict.
V. Fifth Insight - The Message of the Mystics.
A. Knowing universal characteristics by direct sensation.
1. The body and the universe are one.
B. Consists of receiving energy from a
a. Its limbs are your limbs. 2.
Awareness of matter as energy vibrating.
b. Its eyes are your eyes.
a. Matter needs to consume other matter. 3. Evolution is a
a. Universe achieves next level of complexity.
proceeds through humanity.
1. The universe can provide all we need.
2. Eating is a holy
3. Love dominates awareness.
a. Existence achieves level of higher energy.
4. Temporal authority is threatened.
(1) Consolidates energy. b. Evolution achieves higher level of
(2) Keeps us healthy.
Indicator of health.
c. Must be allowed to enter consciousness.
(1) Not altruistic. d. Beauty and
uniqueness signal receipt of energy.
(2) Directly helps us.
e. Simultaneous sending of
f. Temporal power is transcended.
(1) No longer has influence.
(2) Response to irritation -
VI. Sixth Insight - Clearing the Past.
A. Connection requires recognizing control strategies.
1. The unconscious brought to consciousness.
2. Control dramas
determined in childhood.
3. Dramas must be cleared to fully connect.
a. Order of dramas.
reinterpretation of significant events.
(1) Intimidator. b. Seen in others but not the self.
c. Dramas perpetuate
d. Create their complements.
a. Necessary purpose of coincidences. 5. Transcend tendencies to evolutionary identity.
b. Awareness of individual
a. Identity enables full evolutionary effect.
achieve higher synthesis.
VII. Seventh Insight - Engaging the Flow.
A. Energy must be built systematically.
1. Focus on environment. B. Develop the feeling of love.
2. Remember everything as filled with
3. Experience the feeling of closeness.
4. Connect with
the universal energy.
5. Breath it in.
6. Unifies all previous
1. Background emotion signaling connection. C. Give up control strategies.
2. Available energy is
the energy of God.
1. Releasing control need places in flow of evolution. D. Conscious
engagement of evolution.
1. Keep current life questions firmly in mind. E. Assume every event has
significance and carries a message.
2. When questions
are right, the answers come.
3. Able to produce coincidences.
Coincidences enable movement toward goals.
F. Intuition of the future signals
need for alertness.
1. Dreams as well as daydreams. G. Continually re-connect to universal
2. Take an observer position.
3. Question the purpose of intuitions.
4. Replace negative
thoughts with positive ones.
1. State of love creates energy flow. H. Relationship to temporal/secular
2. Flow out pulls energy in.
3. Maintain consciousness of process.
a. Evolving self.
b. Staying alert to coincidence.
Recognizing answers provided.
1. Contradicts their traditions.
2. Misrepresents spirituality.
3. Confuses followers:
a. People not used to deciding their own lives. 4. World order depends on
temporal law and authority.
parents responsible undermines families.
a. Undermines political power.
b. Creates chaos.
(1) God's plan controls the world.
(2) We obey God's laws.
(3) The idea that we evolve ourselves:
(a) Eliminates the will of God.
(b) Allows selfish separate
(c) Leads to atrocities.
VIII. Eighth Insight - The Interpersonal Ethic.
A. How we approach others determines evolution.
B. Other people are
the source of coincidences and answers.
1. Assisted by our energy. C. Children are the key to the future.
2. Treat others so that more messages
a. Response determines receptivity.
3. Growth is stopped by addiction to other people.
(1) Appreciate shape and demeanor. b. Respond to spontaneous eye contact.
(2) Focus until shape and
features stand out.
(3) Send them the necessary energization.
(4) Energy projection is unconditional.
(a) No attachments. (5) Shared energy
snowballs for both.
(b) No intentions.
(6) Resist matching drama expectations.
(a) No matching, no drama.
(b) Name the drama if necessary.
members of same thought group.
(1) Intuitively sensed. d. Sense the other holistically.
(2) Evolving along same lines of
(1) Deeper than facades.
(2) Thinking revealed in subtle
a. Become accustomed to source of energy.
(1) Neglect connection to universal source. b. Power struggles arise in partnerships.
(2) Rely totally
(1) Especially gender relationships.
c. Need to complete
the universal energy inside.
(a) Depend on other for completion. (2) Classical
(b) No inner source of
(c) Find others with same needs.
(a) One person with two heads, egos.
d. Then partnership creates a
1. End points in evolution that lead us forward. D. Each group member's energy increased by energy of others.
2. Need as much
unconditional energy as they can get.
3. Need to learn from adults and
not other children.
a. Describe truth in understandable language. 4. Adults have only so much energy individually.
b. Treat them as
equals in discovery.
a. One adult can only attend to one child.
5. Adults do not have to be
(1) Adults get overwhelmed.
(2) Children compete for energy.
(3) Dramas are developed.
1. Creates pool of energy.
a. Each knows when and what to say.
b. Each sees life more
(1) Benefit from everyone's perspectives. c. Energy and ability of the groups snowballs.
(2) Increased by
energy of all.
IX. Ninth Insight - The Emerging Culture.
A. Where does it all lead, how will human society change?.
1. Human race adopts a new posture:
B. Religion is about humans connecting to a higher source.
a. A way of consciously relating.
2. Behavior guided by intuition.
(1) Bring out the best of others. b. Improved human condition:
(2) End need to dominate.
(1) Raise energy levels.
(2) Increase rate of evolution.
a. Know what and when to do everything. 3. Furthering insight becomes way of earning a living.
b. Actions fit
harmoniously with others.
(1) No possess and control for security. c. Thrill of evolution satisfies sense of purpose.
(2) No excessive
(1) Natural pursuit of truth. d. Mystery returns to existence.
(2) All are alert and vigilant.
(3) Receiving intuitions.
(4) Watch as destiny unfolds.
(5) Enjoy each new encounter.
a. Giving is a universal principal of support.
b. Given energy
returned many times over.
c. Giving of spiritual truth is rewarded.
1. Perception of God within. C. Conflict shifted from physical to mental level.
2. Individuals all participate in
1. Necessary result of conscious evolution.
2. Whole universe
vibrates at a higher level.
Index of Essays
Please e-mail your impressions to: firstname.lastname@example.org